Sunday, February 17, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to Sunshine and Safety Pins! So glad you stopped by. I thought for my inaugural post, I would share with you the reasoning behind my seemingly random blog name.

Sunshine: living in Florida, sunshine is pretty much an everyday part of my life! (though, ironically while I write this it is kind of gray and overcast outside!) I love being outside, and enjoying pretty much any activity that allows me to soak up some sun!

More importantly, sunshine is a symbol to me of living for today, in the moment. It has taken me almost all of my adult life to get to the point where I am not living in the past or living for the future. I am living in the moment, taking setbacks as they come, and enjoying every moment I have in this crazy journey called life.

Safety Pins:

I pretty much heart safety pins. They are so versatile and useful. I always have at least half a dozen in my purse - you never know when you will need them, and I always like to be prepared. 

But they also have a symbolic meaning to me as well. You see, about 6 months ago, I experienced a life changing event. And it made me realize none of us are ever guaranteed any time on this Earth. All I can guarantee myself is that I have this moment. And I made a promise to myself that I would lose weight and get in shape, so I would have a better chance at more tomorrows. So, I have (very slowly) taken up running. I am planning to run my first half-marathon in January 2014 (it will be a birthday gift to myself) So, for me, safety pins symbolize to me that I can set and achieve a goal.) If I put my mind to it, I know I will be using safety pins to attach my half-marathon race bib come 1/11/14!

Sunshine*and*Safetypins: 

So, two words that have meaning to me at this point in my life. However, how do they pair together? Well, if I'm being totally honest, the pairing is somewhat random. And, really that's a perfect description of what this blog (hopefully) will be! a somewhat random collection of my thoughts and musings. I will be writing about pretty much anything and everything under the sun(shine). DIY and home organization, learning how to become a housewife, and learning how to become a runner. Getting fit and losing weight. Pretty much whatever is on my mind. 

So, again welcome. Hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment