Monday, February 18, 2013

I am capable of more than I think...

One of the things that this entire experience has shown me is that I am capable of more than I think. Normally, I have a tendency to become paralyzed by any decision-making whatsoever. I put things off ad nausea, because I am just so afraid to face-what? Failure? Embarrassment? The unknown? At the end of the day, those things are really not *that* big of a deal. I have been dealt with a huge dose of failure, embarrassment, and having to confront the unknown, and at the end of the day, I feel like I have handled it pretty well.

Wednesday will be a big day for me, and after Wednesday, a lot of the unknowns and what-ifs that have plagued me for the past 6 months will be resolved. Well, not exactly resolved per se, but rather, I will have a concrete plan of action in place as to how I will work through my few remaining obligations. While I am nervous about Wednesday, I feel some peace because I at least have a plan of action for how I will attack the day.

I also have a big day coming up on Monday, in the form of a minor outpatient surgical procedure. While it will not involve any cutting or invasive elements, I have to go under general anesthesia for the procedure. That is very scary for me, because I have never been under full anesthesia before. And, of course, because it is an unknown process. Well, hopefully, everything will go off without a hitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment